Stress is a normal psychological and physical reaction to our fast-paced life. Learning to identify and manage your stress can help you to cope with life’s daily challenges. The below 3 steps to stress management can help you achieve your business and personal goals faster.
1. Identifying the trigger
Like any situation, identifying the cause or the trigger is the first step to handling stress. Write down or discuss what causes you stress with someone. Identifying what causes the stress can help you choose a way to avoid it or reduce it.
2. Develop healthy habits for the body and mind
The below stress reducers have a positive impact on your body and mind. You may follow all or a combination that best suits you
- Sleep: Getting 7-9 hours of sleep each night is crucial in maintaining your body’s overall health and wellness.
- Learn to say no: You don’t have to say yes to everything. If it doesn’t help you achieve your goals, it really is all right to say no.
- Exercise: This not only releases chemicals that help you to feel happy, but it helps to break down the chemicals that raise your stress levels. A regular exercise schedule can help regulate naturally-occurring hormones.
- Laughing: This has been shown to release chemicals and reduce stress hormones in your brain. Read a good comic or watch a funny movie or video clip.
- Journal: Keeping a gratitude journal or journaling about life has been shown to help boost optimism and can help to take burdens from your shoulders.
- Do something you enjoy: Take 5 minutes for “me time.” This allows for a few minutes to unwind. Try taking up a new hobby, playing music, or painting nails.
- Spend time with others: Although it may seem daunting at first, getting out and socializing can help reduce risk factors for stress.
- Meditate: Is defined as a practice where an individual focuses his or her mind on a particular object, thought or activity to achieve a mentally clear and emotionally calm state.
3. Make Changes
You will need to implement some changes in your current lifestyle in order to reduce your stress levels. Make schedules and stick to it in order to see results.
Prioritize on what’s important and include as many stress reducers as possible. In addition, eliminate what causes you stress.
Make appropriate lifestyle changes for healthier living.
To get to know who are the industry key players, visit our Interview of the Week page.
To stay updated, visit our Franchise News section.
To learn more, visit our Franchising Tips section.